Tuesday, May 15, 2012

World's fastest unboxing video of the Canon 5D Mark III video

(Unboxing video below)

Yipppeeee. My new Canon 5D Mark III (Canon 5D Mark 3) Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS with 1080p Full-HD Video Mode Digital SLR Camera (Body) just arrived today.  The primary reason I got the new camera body is because of the dual memory card slots.  What does that mean?Most cameras have only "one" memory card slot which means if the memory card gets corrupted in any way, shape or form, you basically will loose any data, or in other words, any "precious memories" and photographs that you have taken.

Try telling this to your valuable client:
--"Whoops, your wedding photos were lost because I only had one memory card in the camera."
--"My bad, I just lost ALL your photos from your happiest day on earth."
--"Schucks, big goofball me. All those photos that I took of you and your significant other, on so-and-so, never to happen again, once-in-a-lifetime event, well, they are, all gone."

Not cool. Not acceptable. Memories aren't replaceable.  You've got to have back up. You've got to have two memory card slots PERIOD.  I do.

A couple of months ago, I had a massive panic attack. Why?  I just got home shooting a private bridal shower that included Fergie (yes, THE Fergie, from the Superbowl Half-time playing, award winning Black Eyed Peas) and I wanted to upload the over 600 photos that I took.  When I tried to upload them through a card reader, it showed that I only had, gulp, 68 photos.  Yes, 68 photos from the whole bridal shower.  Not good. Panic attack.

I then re-tried uploading them "straight from the camera" (ie from the camera via USB cord to the computer-----oft frowned upon by professional photographers) and voila, the problem was fixed.  Still, I said to myself, this is unacceptable for any of my clients PERIOD. ALL my clients are VIP PERIOD.  

I asked myself: What if the card become corrupted?  What if the card only records half, a quarter, or none of the data? For at the end of the day, a Compact Flash (CF) card is still a very unprotected, vulnerable piece of silicon. From then on, I decided to have a "BACK UP."  I wanted a camera that has two memory slots.


(Above is the Unboxing Video of the Canon 5D Mark III. Body only. No lens)






 The Canon 5D Mark III has 1) A CF memory slot and 2) a SD memory slot.

I just bought myself some "piece of mind," and in some respect, insurance.

Here are a couple of Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS with 1080p Full-HD Video Mode Digital SLR Camera (Body) specifications:
22.3 Megapixels
Full Frame CMOS Sensor
3.2 inch High Resolution LCD
Full HD. Built in HDR
ISO 50-102,400 WOW!!! Low light photography baby!!
6 FPS (Frames Per Second.) I want the Canon 1DX at 12 FPS ($7000!!!)
Dual CF & SD Memory Card Slots

ps The Canon 5D Mark III uses the same battery as the Canon 7D

No comments:

Post a Comment