Wow, time flies.
Graduated on December 19th, 2009!!
Can you see the concentration on my face?
Focsued. Laser-beam FOCUSED!!)
Below: Video of our Class 125
1. California State Fire Marshal Certificate of Completion of a Firefighter 1 Academy.
2. California State Fire Marshal Certificates in:
- Fire Control I: Fire Behavior / Chemistry
- Fire Control II: Fire Ground Operations
- Fire Control III: Live Fire Training
- Fire Control IV: Gas Fire Training (At Chevron)
- Fire Control VI: Wild Land
- Fire Control VII: Wild Land Manipulative
- Auto Extrication
- Confined Space Awareness
- Haz-Mat First Responder Operational
- ICS Basic 200
- Wildland Firefighting in the I-Zone
- (40 hours)
- Blood Born Pathogens
- (Communicable Disease Control for Firefighters)
- Flashover Training
- (Swede Survival System)
- Trench Rescue Awareness
In 2009 the County of Los Angeles had a hiring freeze making it
I took as many classes and workshops that I could afford and fit into my schedule.
Every time an instructor entered the room or came onto the fire
(Above: Doing a ride-along with an ambulance company.)
(Above: Y'up, as part of our EMT cycle,
we had to learn how to deliver babies. True story.)
(Above: It gets HOT in those turnouts.
The instructor allowed us to cool off.)
(Above: Ladder drills.)
Have you ever seen a person flail and get kicked back
So full of life. Vitality. Enthusiasm. Joy. And kindness.
And funny too. Good people.)
I didn't want to fall down 4 stories like a brick.)
Backdraft style! Like the movies!!)
(Above: Fire in the hole!!!)
(Above: Malibu Camp 8. Wildland/Wildfire Training.)
(Above: Recruit Ichinomiya ready to help!!)
Holy smokes, that was intense. Those instructors were
These instructors were cross-fit strong mofos.
Can we as Firefighters rush in,